You are here
First and foremost, THANK YOU:
- for your support of HECUA by continuing your involvement and staying in touch.
- for recognizing the unique qualities of the HECUA model of teaching and learning in local and global communities.
- for spreading the word about HECUA programs to friends and family to increase our visibility.
- for being agents of change in your local communities.
Alumni Ambassador Program
For students who have successfully completed any HECUA program, and who return back to their home campus, we invite you to opt-in to our new Alumni Ambassador program. We have formalized a way to have recent alums help us promote HECUA programs. In a sea of study abroad choices, we want HECUA programs to stand out. We know that our greatest advocates are the students who themselves participated, and who can share their experiences with enthusiasm and authenticity. Please consider joining the Alumni Ambassador program by completing a minimum of three campus activities--listed below--promoting HECUA at your school. Let us know what you’ve done by sharing a brief description of your tasks.
Complete this online HECUA Alumni Ambassador Program form, and we’ll reward your efforts with $100!
- Make a 5-minute presentation in three (3) classes encouraging other students to consider a HECUA program
- Table at an event or fair on campus to promote HECUA (HECUA will provide you with materials)
- Design and hang your own HECUA poster on campus (HECUA will provide logo and other info, and also help offset printing costs, but please contact us ahead of time).
- “Chalk” a HECUA message--sharing website or application deadlines--around campus
- Host an info session about your HECUA experience in your major/minor department
- Give a 10-minute presentation about HECUA to a student group/club
- Meet one-on-one with a student who is interested in HECUA
- Create and assemble a HECUA display for a bulletin board on campus
- Coordinate with a RA to distribute or display HECUA materials in a dorm
- Write an article about HECUA for an existing school newspaper, journal, or campus blog
- Hand-out HECUA brochures or flyers in the campus center during lunch
Other Ways to Stay Engaged with HECUA
Hire and Mentor HECUA Students and Alums
Pass on your HECUA experience, and consider mentoring or supervising a current HECUA student. As a past participant you know what happens when students, faculty and community members come together to address social issues: immediate and lifelong learning, collective action for social justice, shared democracy and discovery of personal vocation. As students complete our programs, they look to others who can relate to their interests and help them take the steps necessary for future success.
Donate to HECUA’s Scholarship Fund
After 40 years, HECUA continues to encourage new ways of seeing and interacting with the world. To make the possibility of participating in a HECUA program a reality, we invite you to make a contribution to our scholarship fund. Scholarships are a critical way that HECUA demonstrates its commitment to racial and economic justice. In the tough economic environment of the past few years, HECUA took a hard look at our mission and dug deep to nearly triple the amount of money we award for scholarships each year. We invite our alums to help us give the power of learning and experience to even more students of color, more students from low-income families, and more community activists who want to be part of our programs. Please give back to our programs!
Join HECUA on Facebook
As a way to build community and continue conversations about social justice issues, we invite you to join our Facebook page. HECUA and others post announcements about fun, community building events in the Twin Cities, as well as timely news articles that illuminate aspects of our and others' work in local communities around the world. We also have a number of photo albums and other promotional materials. It’s also possible to add photos and start feeds about things you want to discuss.